Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Mean Really!....

Not going home today. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! That's me screaming silently in my head. Jeff is screaming audibly. Not really, but he has hit a few things. Here's the deal. At 11:15pm last night his temp. was 101.9. Not good. He didn't sleep any last night. He has had more blood cultures done. They are taking out the picc line today and culturing it. They are also going to xray his knee. If picc line does not show infection they may have to re-tap the knee. This would not be good news for Jeff as it is very painful. Of course, infection in the picc line is not favorable either b/c it is so close to the heart. Another issue is that he has developed a knot in his neck, kinda like a crick. He can't lay on his side like normal and he can't tolerate me touching it. They are going to start him on a muscle relaxer today to help with that. Frustration is putting it lightly. We miss the kids. He has been stuck up in the teens amount in the past 48 hours or so. We already know he will have to have new picc line put in before going home so that he can continue to get the antibiotics he needs for the MRSA. Please pray that this resolves soon. Pray for Jeff to be encouraged today. Pray for me to be whatever I need to be for my husband during this trial. Thank you.

3 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

Good grief.... This is the first I've heard about more adversity. I'm sorry, and I can only pray that God will make Jeff comfortable and take away his pain until this is fixed. I'm sure, too, that God sees all of this in His own purpose and timing, whereas we are just looking at it and getting aggravated and impatient. I am praying for you and Jeff both through this!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Oh my word guys. We are praying.

Hall Family said...

Praying!