Tuesday, June 2, 2009

..........My Piano Man

Last night was the end of the year piano recital for Cody. We were so proud of him as he played in front of everyone and then stood at the end to receive an award that he did not know he was getting. As you can see in the pic, he received a bronze medal for being an "outstanding student". Cody LOVES piano. He never has to be prodded to work on his assignments. When we moved I gave the kids freedom to choose how to decorate their rooms. He chose music with piano the main theme. I'm so thankful that both of my children love music. It is such a wonderful way to express our emotions towards God. Music can bring out our most inner emotions and connect us to God in such a pure way. I never really learned music theory, or any instrument and I regret that. So it pleases me so much to see it as a part of our families' life. Cody is gifted with musical talent and I praise God for it!

4 comments:

Jeff Hudler said...

I am so very proud of Cody!! He did a great job!!

wendi said...

Congrats Cody! I am sure you worked hard and it looks like it paid off. :)

Tyler said...

Hey Cathy! It's me Tyler, from West Palm Beach! Tell Cody I said congrats on his medal! That's awesome that he loves piano. I love teaching him at SWTA every year.

I'll see you guys in July! :)

Anna Gray said...

Congrats Cody! I just did my first piano recital a month ago, I took from Debi Jones. I didn't know that Cody did piano. That's cool that he does though! Miss ya!!!

~A.G.~ :D :O :)