Thursday, June 11, 2009

.........The Ministry of Reconciliation

It is a funny thing the way God works to show us His truths and to remind us of His plan. As I have mentioned recently, I am studying 2 Corinthians and am now in ch. 5. In my last post I wrote about the struggles of a relationship and how necessary it was to work through them and how thankful I am that it was resolved in spite of it being rather difficult. Then God so gently reminded me today of the responsibility we have to be reconciled with others. His timing is comical to me sometimes.

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 Now all these things are from God, who
reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry
of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the
world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and
He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we
are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal
through us: we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might
become the righteousness of God in Him.

There are so many statements in this passage that pierce my heart. I am grateful that the challenges of this week are behind me or this scripture would have really hurt! :)

The first revelation for me is that I have been given the ministry of reconciliation. And I was given it the moment that it personally happened for me. The moment I felt God's love pour over me enveloping me in His goodness and I completely surrendered to it. So, then it became my mission to participate in reconciliation as a continued manifestation of God in my life. In simpler terms, I am to do what God has done for me.

I highlighted the words in red because it is through the blood of Christ that reconciliation is possible. His blood was shed for me. The process was painful, it was ugly, it was agonizing, but it was necessary.

Reconciliation is hard at times. It can get ugly but it will never be too much to ask of me. It will never require my life. I have such a different perspective on this issue now. I love seeing how everything God has done for me is a reminder of who I am, in return, suppose to be for Him. He created me in His image and I should resemble Him in all that I do.

"Not counting their trespasses against them". Ok, that's only slightly convicting.....Not! That is a huge blow! How many times I add up all the offenses against me culminating to a blockage in my heart while in the midst God sees me through the blood of His son that reconciled me to Him. Ouch!!

He has committed to me the word of reconciliation. I think I have dropped the ball on this one more times than I can count. It should be my ambition to not only reconcile my own relationships for the sake of the ministries I'm involved in but also to exemplify reconciliation through Christ to God. That is really what it is all about. The world needs to know that it is possible to be reconciled to God and I need to resemble this process. After all, I am an ambassador for Christ.

I love how God's word is so practical and how it is powerful enough to change me. If you haven't experienced God's word in a life-changing way I suggest you dive in deeper. He has so much for each of us!

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

God's timing always blows my mind away!
Miss ya!