Thursday, January 27, 2011

A new kind of post

I've been thinking lately about how the Bible says that iron sharpens iron and how I know it is so comforting to hear that other people struggle, and that other people celebrate life's great moments as well. It's a great thing to be connected to others in the Highs and Lows of life. So, I'm gonna try to start a series of posts documenting the Highs/Lows of each day. It may bore you to death or it may help you feel some sanity to see you aren't the only one with ridiculous life events :)

So, this is the first, though its very early in the day still.

High: No school and Jeff is home

explanation: I called our school off today. I can do that b/c I'm the only teacher and my husband is the principal :) And we make our own schedules....major perk of homeschooling.

further explanation: Jeff is off on Thursdays and it is always the highlight of our week. He is my best friend and I love doing the routine of our week together on this one day.

Low: The reason I called school off--Cody has the flu. He is pitiful and I hate to see him down and out. Our family always seems to have negative things happen as soon as something fun is about to happen.

A couple of years ago in the early stages of Cody's piano life, he picked out the piece "Arabesque" to try to learn to play. It was quite advanced for him and so he just wasn't ready to master it. Over the past couple of years he has advanced quickly in his piano playing and has continued to have the desire to learn that piece.

He has spent all last semester learning it and has truly mastered it. His teacher and I are so proud of him and he was very ready to play it for the recital.

........which is tomorrow night. bummer. bummer. bummer. He won't get to play. After all that time and effort he will not get to showcase it. He's so disappointed.

I guess it's a good teaching opportunity since God instructs us to boast in nothing but Him. We are anything at all only because He is everything to us.

So that's our high and low for today. Thankful for God's sovereignty in all of it!

No comments: