Sunday, January 30, 2011

High/Low-Sunday

High:

Idaho meeting. Sound strange? Yeah I know....
2 summers ago I had the privilege of going to Romania to participate in missions at a camp there. It was a wonderful trip and it was just the beginning for me when it comes to missions.

I have been a part of many mission minded events having grown up in the church. However, they were just things I joined in on. These days God has given me a heart to be more of a pursuer of missions. I knew Jeff was really wanting to go to Romania this year and I really want him to be able to, but that meant I had less and less chance of making a trip myself, especially oversees or one that was a hefty price.

So, I was burdened and discouraged having an intense desire to do something, go somewhere for the sake of mission work, but having no obvious opportunity. I knew God had given me these desires and I knew He was wanting to use me in this way, but how, where, when?

And then came Idaho :)

The moment I realized this opportunity existed I knew it was for me. It's a construction mission, building a church for believers who have no where to meet and no money to fund a building. It's a mission for fellow believers. I've never really thought of missions being for other believers, only for evangelism type stuff. I'm so excited to think that I will be a part of something that brings believers together and then allows them to evangelize more in their own community. What a privilege it is to help the body of Christ!

I know how thankful I am for my own church and how it consistently reaches out to the community and how much it has blessed my own family. I think we often forget that not everybody has a place to worship, a place to serve and a way to meet needs. There are people in Idaho who don't, but they will soon and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Low:

(warning, shameless plug ahead)
I don't have my own money to fund the trip. This means I need donations. This is really pretty normal, people asking for help to take a missions trip. However, one of our financial goals is to have a fund that supports these kind of things. The fact that we have no money to help ourselves for these things bothers me b/c I know if we had made better decisions in the past, we would. So I continue to pray for God's provisions not only for this particular trip, but for all future trips. And not only for ourselves but for the many others who are out winning the world for Christ!

No comments: