Tuesday, February 1, 2011

high/low Tuesday

High:

#1 Classical, a homeschooling program we are a part of, went especially well today. I normally have 5- 4yr old boys. It can be quite interesting some weeks. Two of them were out today so I knew we would have a lot of extra time to fill which can be a bad thing. Trying to keep them happy and entertained is already challenging so I had my concerns this morning.

To my surprise we filled the time up perfectly with little effort and happy boys. I also happen to have really good moms in there with me as well :) It is such a blessing to be a part of a student's learning, seeing him/her gain knowledge and to grow through that learning. It's a treat to me!

Homeschooling is fantastic for so many reasons but to witness firsthand the establishment of knowledge and eventually wisdom is definitely one of the highlights!

#2 Woke up without headache or tummy ache. Yay!

Low:

Struggling a bit today with fostering. In so many cases children in foster care do not know the love of their original family. They are removed because of the effects that lack of love is having or the damage its causing. The 2 little ones we are fostering have a very loving family. Obviously, there have been problems or they wouldn't be with us. But, it is not because they are unloved.

Can't say much about the situation as confidentiality is a must. However, my struggle today has been knowing that we so badly want to add to our family, bring at least one more child into our home to raise, to bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. We entered into to this process with those hopes.

Well, that's not the case here.

We are so very thankful these guys have a loving family waiting to be reunited with them. And, we are encouraging their relationship as much as possible. But, in the end, we are still the same, a family of four. Is this what God has for us? And if so, why the burning hole in my heart for more? Why am I not content?

So, just wondering today, as on many days, what the future holds. Praying God will fill the void or move us forward, either in His timing and His will.

No comments: