Tuesday, February 22, 2011

small summary of happenings

Well, the past two nights have been rough at the Hudler house. The first of the two I had a migraine and Macie had the stomach bug, aka the devil. Last night Cody kept me up with bad dreams all. night. long.. I could literally lay my head down on this keyboard and be fast asleep. But then what would the rest of my household do for the day?

We have had several highlights over the past couple of weeks. Cody's basketball season is almost over and it has ended on a high. At the last game of the regular season Cody scored his first shot of the season and everyone celebrated with him which blesses me so much. He is one of youngest and newest on the team so he has had minimal playing time. We weren't sure he would have a chance to score so it was exciting to end the season that way. The next weekend was the conference tournament. Oh, I forgot to mention that his team won the conference season.

In the first game of the tournament Cody not only scored one shot, but two, and the 2nd was a 3 pointer! It pretty much made his season! They came in 2nd in the Tournament and this weekend is the state tournament.

Another blessing was having the Romania team in town. We were able to spend several days visiting with the missionary who we, our church, work with in Romania and a few of the translators. Macie and I are already in the mindset of missions work. Jeff is going to Romania to serve this summer. And now, even Cody, who never wants to leave home, is talking about his desire to go there sometime. This is answered prayer for me as God draws my heart closer and closer to missions. That's another blog for another day :)

Lastly, Macie has been doing much better in her comfort level regarding being away from me and being involved in other things. I will be leaving town this weekend for 2 nights and I know she is very anxious about it. If you care to, pray for her to be comforted while we are apart.

That's all folks! Praise to God for His goodness!

No comments: