Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not the a great start to the day :(

I can't wait to see Macie well again. Having a sick child is so hard on a mother's heart.

Right now I pray for every parent out there that is caring for a sick child, whether it is a simple cold or monstrous cancer. Anything that takes the joy from a child weighs heavy on the heart and only the Lord can really tend to that. So, I pray that He does for every parent in need of it.

Macie had a decent night last night. We didn't go to bed until about 11 so that we could give her one last dose of Tylenol before settling in for the night. She woke up around 3:30 with bad dreams. (Can't imagine why)

She woke up this morning looking forward to a trip to Cracker Barrel. One of her friends brought her a sock frog from Cracker Barrel and it is the cutest thing. So she wanted to spend the money she has gotten there and plus have a yummy breakfast.

As we were getting ready her head began to hurt. We let her decide if she still wanted to go and she did. We got there, she was obviously aching, but still wanted to at least go into the store. It took about 2 mins and she was done. No toy, no breakfast. We ran through a drive thru in hopes she would eat a biscuit. At this point her head, stomach, and back were hurting. She whimpered and shifted restlessly in her seat the whole way home.

Now she's laying down again and trying to eat. The headaches are coming because of the spinal taps she had. They cause a change in the pressures of the head and when she gets up it is really affected.

The meningitis of course also causes headaches but I think these are from the taps.

I handled everything well in the hospital, until they brought up leukemia. But now that we are home I am really struggling. There isn't much I can do for her and I really want my adventurous healthy MayMay back.

Please don't stop praying for her healing. She isn't in the hospital anymore, but she is still sick and we are still very tired and feeling helpless for her.

We continue to covet your prayers.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Glad to get the update but sad that she is not herself yet. Will still lift her up in prayers. I will call you later! Tell Macie we said hello!

wendi said...

We are still praying! David said to let you know he remembers having headaches for a couple of weeks after his meningitis and spinal taps and just feeling really ZAPPED for that time too. Hope Macie feels much much better SOON!

Hall Family said...

I cried while reading this. My heart aches for your family.

I know exactly how painful those headaches can be, and it is nothing like an extremely painful migrain/headache, it is unimaginable-really.

Lying down was all that eased the pressure. Finally, I ended up having to have a blood patch done to stop the headaches/pain.

It has to be just awful for Macie right now and for you. I know you would do anything to take away her pain and make her feel better again.

We will continue to pray for your family, please call anytime for anything! Love~Mandy

Unknown said...

Lord,

I ask you so so sincerely to quickly bring your healing on sweet Macie. This little girl holds such a special place in my heart. Please just bring relief and rest and healing as swiftly as possible. You're the only one who can. Give Cathy and Jeff and Cody the strength to care for her, and I pray especially for Cathy's heart. It must hurt a mother so bad to see a child hurting and have no way to make it better. Giver her strength and peace. I love this family immensely. Thank you Lord for the healing you are already bringing to them,

In Your Name,

Amen

Love you guys more than you know... :)