Thursday, March 18, 2010

It has begun!

Foster Classes.....I can't believe I'm taking foster classes. It is so strange simply because I never imagined this as a part of my life. The first 30 mins of class I kept reminding myself of where I was and why I was there. Again it was strange.

When the shock wore off, I settled in and just started taking all the information into my overloaded head. Wow, it's a lot to think about. I mean you already know that fostering is a big deal and not to be taken lightly, but, wow. It so much more than just having another kid around.

I'm excited, though, anticipating how God is going to use us as a family. That's the thing for me. This something that we all get to serve in. Each one of my family gets the opportunity to minister to others through this process. We all have a role to play and I love that.

When Jeff knew that God was calling him into full time ministry, we knew He was calling our whole family. This is such a tangible expression of us all being a part of that calling.

So, we have 9 weeks to go. That's a lot of paperwork, role playing, and q/a's. But it is an awesome experience.

If you ever been interested in fostering and have questions I would love to try to answer them as we learn new things each week.

2 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

So excited for you guys! I can't wait to see what God has in store!

gk said...

YAYYY FOR THE HUDLERS!!

ps- You better not get a super cute baby when I'm gone this summer. You better get a super cute baby BEFORE I leave. :)

pps- I'm still your favorite Hudler-at-heart, right??