Monday, March 29, 2010

A Good Morning and a Lot of Gratitude

Hey Friends,

Macie has had a very good morning. She has had a steady mild headache but has still been able to sit up and eat and play cards with Cody. Yesterday she was horizontal 80% of the day.

She has her attitude back too, but I'm so okay with that!

Another night has gone by and still waking up. It's bad dreams, not pain, and I know she will likely continue to have restless sleep this week. I'm praying that God fills her nights with peace. She needs it and we do too.

So many of you have done great things for us over the past 10 days or so. This is the scariest thing we have ever faced with our children. I knew, though, that when I passed along a new discovery in her symptoms, or the scheduling of another test, or a possible diagnosis it was immediately being lifted in prayer.

And then Thursday night, as we were given news that she was sick but would be ok and we would likely go home the next morning, you all rejoiced right with us. And I knew you were truly happy and as relieved as us. It was so genuine.

And it was just as genuine the next morning as we made plans for testing of Leukemia and I could barely stand on my weak legs. Jeff quickly called friends and you all were surrounding us with in an hour. I knew that no matter the result, people would carry us through.

It is something awesome to see God's church kick into action when there is a need. We experienced that so strongly. I now understand how people who face great trials make it through. God is so able to do more than we can hope for. And He uses us, His body, and now that I have been on the receiving side, I know what a marvel it is.

Our struggle was intense but it was short lived. So many others are in deep trenches and need encouragement, they need hope, they need to be carried.

My friend Jamie Hallman is one of those. I mentioned her daughter Emily several days ago. Please continue to pray for her, all of them, family of 5. They are in a very deep trench and my heart aches for this mom.

I know at times it can seem trivial to just say "I'm praying for you". We feel like we have to do something tangible to be effective. Friends, it is not true. Prayer is the most powerful ability we have. So don't stop praying for little Emily, and others who need God's intervention.

Thank you so very much for carrying us through.