Friday, March 20, 2009

the weight of sadness

I'm feeling that weight this morning. As soon as I woke up I was keenly aware that I should have been in SC closing the deal and I immediately became sad. It is a good thought to know that the contract hasn't fallen through and is just on hold, so to speak, but this is another day of a disappointed excitement. It just makes me sad. I didn't expect to feel so bummed today since the contract is still good. If Brannon wasn't here I would probably take school off and engross myself in a good book (the Bible being one). Accountability, it stinks sometimes. Anyhow, I'm asking God to restore my joy in this waiting. Thanks for your prayers.

5 comments:

Vonda said...

Praying for you today. It's never easy when things don't happen in our time frame, but just remember God has great things planned for you & your family!
Vonda

Jeff Hudler said...

I love you Cathy! God is so powerful that He will make this happen when we least expect it. Be encouraged and be strong in Him!!

Only Servants Ministries said...

hey Buddy.... i'm so sorry. Chris always tells me "Lindy, God is bigger than this" or "Don't make God smaller than this adoption b/c you know He's so much bigger".
So I say to you "Cathy- God is so much bigger than that house!!" YOu know that though. I am praying right now that God will help you to "consider it pure joy"

Hall Family said...

I so agree with all the above comments, but I really loved Jeff's. You have a good man!

I understand disappointments, I seem to get them monthly-kwim! I am so thankful for what has taken place and to know that Jeremiah 29:11-14a is a promise from God himself.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

The Beaver Bunch said...

I can't imagine your frustration! I'll be praying.