Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Baby is 10

Oh my goodness, I can't believe Cody is 10 years old. Yep, today is his birthday, he's double digits now. Whoa!! Where has the time gone?

We are so very proud of Cody. Here is a list of amazing things about him:

Very imaginative: doesn't need to be entertained much, he can handle it by himself, and often chooses alone time to enjoy his own creative juices.

Definitely tenderhearted: is moved by the injustices around him and tends to separate himself from things that are obviously unrighteous. He internalizes everything and his heart becomes heavy easily. I pray God uses this to make him one who stands for what is right.

Wholly family oriented: he thrives on family activities, even if its just sitting together crackin up at Wipeout.

Godly: I do not say this pridefully. He loves the Lord, and the word. It is like a gift he has. He is drawn to Christianity and the day to day living out of one's faith. It is inspirational to us. He is quite the example to us all.

Repentant: When Cody messes up, he is truly brokenhearted over it. He does not do well when something isn't right between he and someone else and will often punish himself before we have a chance to.

Loving: Oh my, he is such a good brother to MayMay. Yeah, he aggravates her and sometimes treats her unfairly, but his goodness towards her far outweighs any wrong.

His Daddy's son: Other than the godly aspect, this is my favorite. He is just like Jeff. Same heart, same compassion, same servant qualities as his dad. It is such a blessing to me.

Talented: We are really starting to see his gift for music. He has been working at piano for a bit now, but he recently took on learning guitar. I pray he uses whatever talents God develops in him to bring Him glory.

So, we are so blessed to be Cody's parents. What a blessing he is to the world! We love you Cody. Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Anna Gray said...

Wow! Those are some pretty cool things about him. Good for him for learning how to play the guitar! My dad taught me for a little while (I was maybe 9); but then, what do you know, I gave up on it. Mainly because my hands were too tiny and I had never played an instrument in my life. Cody is being way more brave than I was. He seems very mature for his age too. I remember when I was 10. Ahhhh, officially a preteen. That is pretty exiting. :0)

Anna Gray said...

P.S. I realized that I never even mention the words 'Happy Birthday!' soooo...........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!