Friday, July 24, 2009

John 10

Did you know that once you confess Jesus as Lord of your life, you are counted as 1 of His sheep and can never be snatched from His hand? Isn't that a great truth to understand?

This week I have been studying John ch 10. Wow, its packed with treasure! If you haven't looked at it before, stop now and go read it. It will bless you so much.

Normally I try to put the scripture on the blog, but I just couldn't narrow it down enough. I couldn't condense it and still honor it the way it should be.

So I'll try my best to capture the diamonds in this mine, known as John 10.

Vs 7 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep."

Before this comment Jesus had been telling the Jews that he who tried to enter by ways other than the door to the sheep were thieves and robbers. In other words, many try to gain access to heaven by ways that don't include faith in Jesus. But, to those who enter through the door would be led in by the shepherd (the doorkeeper, the door itself) to join the flock. He also explains that the flock follow Him because they know His voice and He calls them by name.

V 9 says that any who enter through Him will be saved. It is only by Jesus that you can be saved. The beautiful thing about that is heaven is not dependent on you. Jesus carries the key, you only have to believe that He is it.

V 10 says He came to give abundant life. Abundant life........if access to heaven isn't rewarding enough, He offers abundant life.

Friends, I don't have everything I want. My life is not always easy and there's not always peace around me. If you know me well at all you know the struggles my family has experienced. But, I can claim this: there is peace within. What greater gift, in this world, can a person have than peace? I have an abundant hope because of my relationship with Christ. I have that because, as vs 11 says, He laid down His life for me.

Now vss 14, 27, and 28 are probably my favorite. Vs 14 calls Jesus the Good Shepherd and says that He knows His own and His own know Him. He doesn't just know about you. He knows you inside and out, all the intricacies of your being. And if you re a believer, you can know Him the same.

Vs 27 says that you will know His voice and be able to follow Him. Jesus is not a mystery. It's a relationship and it brings a revelation of all that God is. And the best part of all is found in vs 28: He gives them (the sheep, believers) eternal life and they will never perish and no one will snatch them out of His hand! That is security and stability at its finest!

Please search the scripture for yourselves and let God remind you of how precious you are to Him.

2 comments:

wendi said...

Thank you for sharing and getting me to open my Bible today to read that great chapter! I love in verse 3 where He calls each sheep by name. I couldn't tell one sheep from another, but He knows us each as individuals and loves us as such. :-D

Hope the headaches are better and that you have a great weekend!

Hall Family said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Hope you are doing well!