Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I love about being a mother


1. What it teaches me about God
2. What it teaches me about myself
3. What it reveals about my husband
4. Consistency--bedtime rituals
5. Uninhibited prayers
6. Homeschooling
7. New accomplishments
8. The sincerist of apologies
9. Bluntness
10. Daily shocking moments
11. Moments of pure pride
12. Sharing Jesus among unaltered faith
13. Being humbled
14. Board games and movie nights
15. Being reminded by my child that God is slow to anger :)
16. AHA! moments in the kids
17. Being reminded of what really matters
18. Being reminded that I fail, and I really need God
19. Seeing myself as my parents saw me....so scary!
20. Understanding sacrifice

Thank you Lord for lending me a couple of jewels that I may sparkle in the dark. May our family be a light on hill that shines bright for you.

No comments: