Sunday, August 24, 2008

Movin' On Up!!

Today was Promotion Sunday. All of the youth and children's grades moved up to the next level for the upcoming year. I was sooo excited. If you have followed my post from the beginning, you know how I love my 6th graders. Well, now they are 7th graders, and they are still awesome. I love being with them. They are funny and each of them are crazy to some to degree. Some, and you know who you are, are completely insane! But, I love them more and more as time goes by. This year I'm looking forward to the following things:

Teaching them and seeing them grow
Wednesday night worship and fellowship
Deep discussions about their fears and their relationship with God
Seeing them in their real life situations--on the ball field, in the band, in the pool, in the chorus (and everywhere else life takes them)
Getting to know their families
Laughing with them
Stalking them-Just Kidding!
Lock ins and Disciple Now weekends
Summer Camps
Doing missions
Learning from them
Being challenged by them
Praying over them
Worshipping with them

I'm so privileged to be with these guys during this time in their lives. They amaze me!! I love you each. Yeah fellows, that means you too!

Holly: Your hair WILL come down!
TJ: Have another party....Give a girl a second chance! :)

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

I'm so glad you're downstairs now! YAY!