Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Evidence

Do you ever wish you could just see Jesus, with your own eyes? If your a Christian you may have used the term, "I have Jesus in my heart". But, has that ever struck you strangely? I mean really, where would He sit? And what would He do as the life-blood circulated around Him? I don't know, it's just kinda weird to think about. I know literally it means that my heart--all that I am, feel, think, experience is focused toward Him. And not only that, but He is changing my heart to line it up with His, and my Father's will. But, today I had the great privilege of seeing Jesus in my heart. Jeff saw it too!
Here's the deal: I have been feeling bad lately which led to a Dr.'s visit, which led to some tests including an echo cardiogram (ultrasound of the heart). First off, all is well, praise God. Secondly, I was laying, quite uncomfortably, on the table watching and listening to the sound of my own heart. It's a strange sensation. Being that I struggle with anxiety, I'm laying there thinking of all the possible things that could be wrong and wondering how much the tech has already noticed. I'm thinking of how badly I want to go home and sleep and have the tests behind me. Just then she begins to explain the pictures to me, the motion pictures. As I looked at the chambers compressing off and on she began to take some still pictures. This is where my visit took a turn. Not because anything was wrong but because of what this lady began to bring to my attention. You see, the heart has 4 chambers each separated by walls. There is a vertical wall separating left side from the right side. Then there is a horizontal wall across the mid section of the heart separating the 2 ventricles from the 2 atriums. So picture it: a vertical line in the middle with a horizontal line in the middle--You got it...a perfect cross. Right there in my heart. Amazing. Talk about being comforted! Wow, my God knew just what I needed in that moment and He delivered. Not to mention the amazing wonder of the human body and how God has literally stamped evidence of Himself all over it. If you have never heard of the protein molecule Laminin you need to check it out. It's more evidence of God as the creator. Google the word Laminin or google Lou Giglio who has messages about it on You Tube. I can officially say that I know Jesus lives in my heart, I saw Him there today, on my birthday! Thank you Father!

3 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Cathy,
Great Blog!! God is so good to us. So glad He comforted you at just the right moment. Praise God!! It has been forever since I have seen you and Jeff. Happy Birthday!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hey Lady! Happy Birthday! I love that Laminin stuff. Too cool!

Vonda said...

Happy Birthday! Have you caught up on your sleep from camp?? Caylin had a great time!