Monday, June 23, 2008

polar opposites

For anyone who is blessed with polar opposite children, this is for you:
My kids couldn't be any more black vs. white, go/stop, stand/sit, right/left and so on.....
It is too comical and entertaining the way their individual lives are being lived out in comparison of one another. I think the only thing they really are one mind about is God. Thank goodness they both get that one! So Cody, my oldest is extremely tender hearted, and doesn't try to hide it, takes no risk AT ALL, likes to be alone in his own imaginative world where he is completely entertained, and cannot stand conflict of any magnitude. My daughter, the youngest, is as tough as nails (or tries to make you think she is), always takes the risk w/o considering the repercussions, can't stand to be alone, and is often the initiator of conflict. He's abstract, she's concrete. He over thinks, she under thinks. He panics, she moves on. In the moments when they work together to accomplish a goal it is very interesting to watch. So I was reminded of these truths about them a day or two ago when my daughter woke up with a new (her first) loose tooth. Now, a little history. When my son got his first loose tooth, which wasn't until he was 8 1/2 years old, he would barely let anyone touch it. I know it took a month before he let me work it out of his mouth. So Macie says to me, "do you think I can get it out today?" I said, "no, it will probably be tomorrow or the next. It still needs a lot of wiggling." The next morning she was at church with her daddy and comes home to see me. That tooth was gone! 24 hours for Macie, a month for Cody. So funny. I love them and am so glad for the variety in my life! And for God's sense of humor!
PS. see bottom for picture of Macie and her missing tooth!

2 comments:

Raising the Rollins' said...

So glad you've joined the bandwagon! Love it!!

Unknown said...

I love those two...

even with their COMPLETELY different personalities!!

Macie's been showing me her loose tooth (and her lost one!!) over and over again I love em'!!

and I love you a ton too!!!

<33 Paige