Saturday, June 21, 2008

Encouragement from the Lord

The past few days have been stressful for me. Stress is manifested in me as anxiety attacks. Some people get ulcers, lose their hair, get sick easily, get angry, get sad, act mean, act moody, and so and so on. For me, it's anxiety. So, basically I get fearful about things that are ridiculous. Fortunately, I am aware of how my mind plays tricks on me during times of stress and so I am able to work through it. If not, I would be calling a dr. everytime I get stressed. Which I would need a direct line being I am a stay home wife of a husband in full time ministry, and mom of two very interesting children, homeschooler, SS teacher, and some part-time employment on the side. And currently planning for VBS, next year school curriculums, and management responsibilities of a coffee house. Whew......So, this has caught up with me, basically last night in the form of serious panic. The things listed are really not that stressful if I handled them all in the right way. But, my nature is to accomplish much in little time. That leads to stress. So this morning I woke up realizing how much I could just use a simple word from the Lord. Not a day of inductive study, not a sermon, not a pep talk from friend or family, all of which are so necessary in my life. But a simple truth from God's word, the bread of life. Here's what He gave me. Psalm 18:29 "For by You I can run upon a troop: And by my God I can leap over a wall." What power I feel from having a relationship with God. The power of secured victory in a life of constant strain. So I will sit back, relax and rest on THE hand that enables me to run and to leap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog.
And I am praying for you!
Michelle

Only Servants Ministries said...

I still can't believe we got all that done in time to move but June 16th. I KNEW i would feel like that. I wouldjust walk in my house every day and look at all the mess... and then we would have to clean... and then pack.... It was never ending. But God did it. He always does, doesn't He. Why don't we give Him the credit he so deserves!
I love you!!
Anxiously awaiting your arivial. 365 days... (jk)