Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Amazements

6th graders....Does that scare you, the thought of a group of 6th grade boys and girls? It has been scary to me in the past, but truthfully now I can't imagine being with any other kids on Sunday mornings than my 6th graders. I affectionately term them "my spiritual children". They are the best. You may be wondering why I'm going on and on about them. We are hosting our annual VBS today through Wednesday. My 6th grade SS class was assigned the job of puppetry (sp?). They had to learn in a week how to manuever the puppets in timing with the CD playing--mouths, heads, arms of the puppets. There is so much to puppetry. They had 2 practices and then they had to work on the skits at home. We had our first performance this morning. They were awesome. It blessed my heart to watch them tackle such a difficult task so perfectly. And they showed such responsibility by caring for there puppets at home all week and doing exactly as I asked to make it a success. I wonder...what will they do as they grow and mature spiritually? If they can amaze me now, what great things will they do for the Lord later? And I want to encourage you to get involved with young people. They will do more for you than you could ever do for them. Thank you God for the blessings you pour out on me and for little amazements.

1 comment:

Only Servants Ministries said...

Too Funny! I'll have to send my kids to you to help pull their teeth. It totally grosses me out- loose teeth. Ugh! Joe Hearn tried to show me his and I almost lost my lunch....
Weird- I know. But that is the reason I chose to be a Nurse over a Dental Hygienist. (Really I was considering it....Ha!)