Tuesday, December 7, 2010

His unfolding plan

It has been a rocky road kind of journey over the past 7 weeks. We have experienced so many emotions. The trend seems to be that we hit a bump, have 2nd thoughts about our choice to foster, God smooths it out, and we're ready to move ahead. Lately, that pattern has been a daily event.

Even yesterday, my wonderful sitter had to cancel on me and I hung my head low knowing I was gonna have to miss Cody's bball game for the fact that the little ones would be getting home from visiting mom in middle of the game time. "I don't want to sacrifice anymore" went through my head.

Then my sweet friend who was on her way home from college calls to make a quick visit and seek a little advice. Well wouldn't you know she was free to sit for me and off to Cody's game I go. See, God's just good like that.

I know it sounds silly to complain about missing a game in order to be here for these little guys. The thing is there are so many sacrifices to be made to provide a solid stable home for children that several weeks before you never heard of. And some days they add up heavily as if they were all happening at once.

But when people start telling you how they can see a difference in the kids since they have been in our care, suddenly sacrifices fade to mild adjustments and a renewing occurs. Fostering is hard. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It requires much out every one in my home and yes, sometimes it's more than we can give. But God can do more than we can imagine or even hope for and He is faithful.

So, we continue the journey, focused on Him who calls and equips.

It is most likely that there will be a significant change come Jan. It is a good thing and we are pleased with the potential outcome. Yet, our heart longs for more than what's too come. We are pouring out all we can give and seeking God to refill us. We want so much more than what this placement can be and we both know our desires are from Him. So, we wait out this ride with great anticipation of His unfolding plan.

We appreciate your prayers :)

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

I just love your heart so very much.

Hugs friend.