Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gardens

As my lovely friend Wendi put it, we are expecting! Corn that is. Well also, okra, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and red peppers.


This is our first garden. I grew up around gardens and have always wanted one. Our wonderful neighbors (who are like built-in grandparents that came with the house) helped us get one started. We are enjoying watching what was once a few seeds become a harvest.

I'm reminded how scripture teaches us about the harvest in the world. So many people are ready to hear the gospel, yearning to know about the freedom found in Christ.


I'm anxious to see how much I get from this garden. I can't wait to see what our work in this garden produces.
I wonder how much God desires to see the fruit of His labor. I wonder how strongly He anticipates those who will call on Him. I wonder if we, as workers of His garden, are doing enough. Actually I know we aren't because I know I'm not.

Every time I look at the garden I'm reminded that there are more precious seeds to be planted. There is a lot of work to do. Hope I don't miss the opportunities God gives to work in His garden!

2 comments:

wendi said...

What a great looking garden! Thanks for the reminder that we are to be hard at work laboring for God's harvest as well!!

Anna Gray said...

It's looking awesome! Everything you guys planted sounds yummy! We are doing square foot gardening (well, my dad and brother are) along with our 4 faithful egg giving chickens! =D ♥