Tuesday, February 24, 2009

transitioning-we are getting good at it!

Today my kids are doing self-directed school work in all their subjects but one. This means I can spend time getting things done that normally I don't have much time for. I'm very happy about this. And I'm enjoying watching them lead each other's lessons. Right now they are working on putting timeline cards in order, but before that they quizzed each other in phonograms and gave each other a spelling test. It's days like this when I realize how valuable homeschooling is. It builds family unity like no other activity we do in our home, at least between the two of them. They are still fussing about one being too fast and the other too silly, but they are together, working together, and learning together while I work at my ministry, making my home a haven. For all you who wonder about homeschooling, it isn't always such a pretty picture, but these moments make it all worth while!

Today also feels really good because we, again are under contract. It feels more solid than before and has more promise of actually closing. The mortgage guy is on top of things which will hopefully speed things alone. The set closing date is March 20Th. If you would, pray with me that we would close much sooner. thanks!

On the topic of adoption, God is still speaking to us so directly. If you happen to notice the comments on my last post, you may have noticed the comment from "dalli". This is a long time friend of Jeff and I from our youth. Well we don't see her much, unfortunately anymore, but back in the summer we were able to visit and Jeff gave her my blog address. I had no idea she was following it until that comment, which of course was about adoption. She is a mother of 2 adopted children! Jeff and I just chuckled as we read it.

In my heart I know our family has growing to do. I know God wants to use us as a refuge for the suffering. Jeff is trying to sort out what God wants specifically. I'm patiently waiting for Jeff's guidance as I know He is searching God on this matter, and I am in submission to him. Whatever God says I know He has so much in store for our family!

Monday starts a new chapter for us as my nephew, Brannon, joins our homeschooling program. I'm so excited, as are the kids! We are looking forward to having him with us so much and making him a part of our everyday lives. He is such a great kid, has endured so much and has really become a blessing to me personally. And well Cody thinks he is the greatest thing that ever walked the earth, besides Jesus. So I praise God for the opportunity to minister to my extended family in this way.

So, as you can see we have a lot of transitioning happening in our lives. This has just been the pattern for us since going into full time ministry. But, God is good and faithful and has given us quite a journey which we would not trade!

1 comment:

wendi said...

Ha! It is funny...what God is doing with your family and adoption ( bringing it up everywhere you read) He is doing with us and homeschooling... Too funny! Thanks for sharing!