Saturday, January 31, 2009

odd behavior

So, a couple of weeks ago Macie had the stomach virus and was up all night vomiting. It was just that one night, but apparently it had quite an affect on her. Several nights later, after she was completely well, she got up about 11 pm and came running in our room terrified of something. It was like she was sick again yet she wasn't. She was just responding in fear to the possibility of being sick again. She was shaking and making no sense with her words. We couldn't figure out what was wrong. She kept apologizing and telling me she loved me. She would settle down and start to fall back asleep then out of nowhere start panicking again. It was bizarre. She was finally able to stay asleep and was perfectly normal the next day. I thought it was night terrors which is something young children get sometimes. She didn't quite fit that criteria. Well since then she has done it once more, basically the same thing only it made even less sense. Last night she woke us up, again around 11p. This time she was in the kitchen with the light on, getting a sheet of copy paper. Jeff got up and went to her and she was scared, but we couldn't figure out why. Hilarious!! She got in bed with us, went to sleep and woke up perfectly fine. This time she doesn't remember doing it. Too funny! We don't know what's going on.

5 comments:

Anna Gray said...

Oh that is weird! I used to sleep walk A LOT. Once I got up and sat down on our couch because I thought that it was morning! I have said very strange things sleep walking before too. I hate the stomach bug all the way, if my stomach hurts the least bit, I panick, my mouth goes dry, and I drink water. I guess you could say I have a phobia about it. See ya Monday!!!!!

Hall Family said...

Okay the second situation, sounds just like sleep walking to me.

I still do things in my sleep, and have passed it onto Britney. She is worse than I am!

True Story.... She woke up one night around 11:30 (bedtime was at 8, she was only 5 at the time), BRITNEY went straight to the wall in our hallway and proceeded to just stand there facing it.

We had company over and it was the funniest thing ever. Do you know why she was standing at the wall? That is where she has to go for TIME OUT! She had visited that spot several times that day. She put herself into Time Out!

We have many experiences of Britney sleep walking, but the best ones, are when we have company over and they get to see her do it! Poor Girl!

Unknown said...

wow... that is definitely odd!! Once, when I was little I slept walk, ate most of a gallon of icecream, went back to bed and came down the next morning to my babysitter witha chocolate stained shirt, not sure how it got there... Anne and GK had been blamed for it until I showed up...

Love you (and Macie!!)

Only Servants Ministries said...

Hey- thanks for your comment. It really meant a lot to me. I need advice from people such as yourself. Thank you for your precious prayers. Wish you could be here with me to help me with him. Pray he comes back on Thursday

Love you

Hall Family said...

Thank you for offering to keep the girls! It means a lot to me! I think we are okay-FOR NOW-lol! Blessings-Mandy
ps-hope you are doing well!