Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God Through My Eyes

I have been a true Christian, surrendered to His lordship, since I was 18 years old. I have learned much about who God is. I have seen Him in the lives of others. I've personally witnessed miracles. I've watched God prove Himself again and again. And I know He doesn't change. I know He still works in the lives of those who love Him and obey His commandments. We are not perfect. We aren't even close, but we do try to obey. We are committed to Him, to serving Him. We do love Him and strive to remain in His will. Because we attempt to be faithful, I know He will remain faithful to us. I know He will carry my nephew and his family, my family through the trial they are experiencing with his health. And I know He will have us in our own home when His timing is perfect.

The contract is void. They didn't get the loan. The house is back on the market. God is good. That's one thing that hasn't changed. He closed the door again, because it wasn't what was abundantly good for us. He is a God of abundance and He has something great in store for us. My faith is based on evidence, not wishes. His goodness is a realization in my life. It is an absolute. That's how I see this. My disappointment is God's appointment!

2 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wow,Cathy. I mean, WOW. I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say.

I'll pray about the situation as best I know how.

Hall Family said...

I love how you are praising God even in the midst of a storm. You are an amazing person and I am grateful to be able to know you!

If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13