Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting out of His way

I just had a fantastic weekend. God was so very good to me. He blessed me in so many ways. It was d*weekend for our youth group. If you know me at all, you know I was head deep in it. I am so glad God has called me to work in this youth group, with these kids and fellow leaders.

The week leading up to the start of the event was trying to my soul. You know the enemy seeks to destroy Christians in their spirit and in their devotion to the Lord. He was working hard on me. Few know this, but Friday around lunch, I was not only wishing the weekend to be over, but I was ready to back out all together. Boy, would I have missed out!

God showed up all over the place and I am still on quite a high! He used my husband and a dear friend to encourage me and to bring me back to His mercy and grace. And when I walked into the venue where it was held, God met me there. He met me right where I needed Him and it changed me.

I spent the weekend with 7 of my dearest friends and I was just as much a student as they were. I think we all, as an entire youth group, were on level playing ground. God had the same message for us all, to live lives of worship.

Our youth pastor let God speak so clearly through him, so transparent. This was true of one of the members of the band as well. There was such genuine love of God displayed that it only made me want to worship Him more. This was the topic of the weekend: Worship.

We are all worshipping something, and we are worshipping all the time. Every decision we make, every behavior we exhibit shows our allegiance to something or someone. For me, it's me. I do so much with myself in mind. It is often subconsciously, but nonetheless it's true. And I can always look back on statements I make and realize how self-centered they were. It is such an automatic for me to serve myself. Oh I wish it was automatic for me to serve Him instead.

That is what He wants for me. "He must increase, I must decrease." John 3:30

I so badly want my whole life to worship Him. It is my new found purpose--to get out of His way!

1 comment:

gk said...

Thanks for letting me love your girls!!

I had fun with you!! Even though we managed to stay up later than the actual students...

<3