Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Taking a "side trip"

We are getting closer to being at that place where we are comfortable with jumping in to adoption. We have 2 debts that we want to pay off first. One is almost gone!! Praise the Lord!

The other is a little more daunting then the first, but God has a history of proven faithfulness. He has called us to increase our family and provide for those who are in need. I know that, because it is His direction, He will clear the path that we may walk it in obedience.

As for the adoption itself, we were at the place of finally figuring out that it should be domestic and we were feeling much more settled with fundraising attempts. However, no matter how much I fight the pull towards fostering, God just will not leave me alone about it. Jeff has always been completely fine with the idea of being a foster family. Me....not at all.

I see fostering as a revolving door type of home. I don't want that. Just being honest here. I want to be a forever home for a child who may never know what a home is like apart from me. I want a child in need of a father to meet my husband, who is phenomenal as a husband and a dad. I want a child who needs a brother and sister to know my Macie and my Cody, who will love and accept him or her as their own.

We all have so much love for this child that we have never met. And the thought of meeting this child for a possible temporary relationship is so hard to imagine.

But then God says, "is this for you or for the child?"

And I have to take a hard look at my motives.

I pray that if God truly leads us to foster that He would allow it to be a situation that leads to adoption. Oh how I pray that.

So with all that said, we will be taking the fostering classes this spring before we move forward in any other ways. Hopefully at the end or even before, we will have a clear picture of God's desire for us.

Side note: Please notice the dresses I have for sale. These profits will help us to continue to move forward with whatever adventure we are headed for.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

OMG your post looks just like one I have on HOLD as a DRAFT. I finally figured out a way to post my feeling on my blog, without having to share them with everyone else-kwim?!?

I love the dresses, you need to let me know how much and what sizes!

I can't wait to join you on this journey this spring! It will be so nice to have another couple that understands exactly what we will be going through.

Adoption is completely OUR desire. It is so cool to finally be able to say that!

I can't wait to see what God has in store for both of our families!

Hall Family said...

Okay, I see the sizes now. The pink just did not catch my eye the first go round. I love the first dress! Well, I love them all. Girly dresses are so cute!

Are you making these? Will there be more? Special orders? My girls are a bit bigger than those sizes.