Friday, October 24, 2008

Another Puddin' update

Hey friends,
Boy are we tired! Jeff's leg is improving some. I think the antibiotic is working. He has a bad wound on his knee where they had to take fluid out and open the abscess. It was as bad for him as it sounds. It's hard for me to change the dressing b/c it reminds me of what he went through. I think he has a long recovery with this. His leg is still noticeably swollen and still somewhat discolored. The pain, however, is much improved, except right on the knee cap where the work was done. As far as I can tell, it is NOT spreading. I praise God for this. I want to give a shout out for my sis. She was the one who stayed with Jeff during the procedures because I knew I couldn't watch him go through it. Jeff and Debi have always been close, but he now has a new found respect for her. And thanks Michael B. for sitting with me and keeping me distracted.
On another note, Macie had fever, headache, and stomach pain last night. Joy. She is better today, but no appetite. I'm praying that whatever she had doesn't make it into Jeff's body. Can you imaging having stomach problems when you can't bend your leg. Not good. So, thanks for continued prayers and the encouragement many of you have already been!

2 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Glad puddin is better. Praying for you all.

Hall Family said...

I will continue to pray for Jeff and I hope Macie is completely recovered soon.
I hate when my kids get sick.
I am getting Molly's shots today. There is a rabies clinic in at the Midway Vet, that we are also taking her to today. Thanks for your help!